Pilgrim School is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Pilgrim School is a diverse, inclusive community that strives to maintain diversity in all areas of employment.
Our current available openings:
Position – Part-Time Purchasing Agent
Pilgrim School, a traditional college preparatory school located near downtown Los Angeles, has an immediate opening for a Purchasing Agent in the Business Office. The Purchasing Agent is responsible for the ordering process from receipts of requisition to completion of delivery and submittal of documentation for payment. The purchasing agent also assists in opening accounts with vendors, maintains files, and perform other duties as assigned.
The Purchasing Agent will:
- Assist in opening accounts with vendors
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate prices
- Prepare necessary Purchase Orders and obtain proper approvals
- Expedite approved orders and track and ensure timely delivery
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed to confirm or change orders
- Update Purchase Order internal database with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts)
- Verify receipt of items by comparing Purchase Order and Packing Slip
- Provide supporting documentation to Accounting Team for invoice processing
- Perform other duties, as assigned
The qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, purchasing or accounting experience, and a stable work history. The ideal candidate is professional, motivated, enthusiastic, able to follow through and respond quickly to changing situations related to order status and delivery, has excellent communication skills and works effectively and cooperatively with others. Proficiency in Excel and Word is preferred.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a team of professionals who are forging an exciting future in a dynamic and growing environment. Pilgrim School is an equal opportunity employer. Salary is commensurate with experience. Interested and only qualified candidates should submit a current resume and cover letter including salary history to: